Monday, January 16, 2012

Proactive Review

Yikes!  I know I know it goes against everything I stand for, overpaying for all of these chemicals that will probably kill my face but... I am getting desperate.  Nothing seems to be controlling my god awful skin lately and school is starting soon. :(  So I caved and I am going to try Proactive.

I am currently on day three and got the 30 day trial kit with the refining mask.  I am not going to do a complete review right now because I have just started using it.  Instead I am going to cover my butt a little bit and tell you all why I caved.
  I am a firm believer in putting as few chemicals in on and around you as possible.  I think it helps us be healthier and is overall better for us and the quality of our lives.  However, I am going to briefly talk about something all us women know and need but far from love.  HORMONES.  Yes yes, the kind in our bodies andddd the kind in our food.  Did you know the foods you eat contain hormone balancers and hormones that can balance or throw off your natural hormone balance.  I am sure you knew that your hormones can affect your acne.  Well, the foods you eat can affect your hormones.  I have recently restarted eating a "clean" diet, full of hormone balancing foods and eliminating the bad.  Now naturally, my body will detoxify itself during this process.  THIS is why I think my face is running rampant (YUCK), because I think my hormones are trying to sort themselves out in an orderly fashion.

Because of this, I am going to crack and introduce Proactive to my life.  My skin is extremely bad right now and needs some chemical assistance to help bring me back to center.  This is more than likely not a permanent solution, rather an immediate evacuation of bacteria from my poor skin cells.

Like I said before, I am not going to do a complete review right now, just a few things I have noticed.

First off, it is expensive as hell, you can get the online offer for 20 bucks and if your going to try this stuff that really is the best way.  However, after that I believe it goes to 40 dollars a month or something like that.  I will get exacts when I make an official review.

Second off, this refining mask everyone raves about.  Well like most things I have found, it does not work on pimples that have not broken the skin.  However, a pimple that is about to become a big ugly mess.  It's True!! Gone overnight.  Can't ask for more than that.  Although I will say it smells like desitin which is just kind of weird, but the smell does not stay after you rinse it so no worries.

Third off, I have been using it for three days and I have noticed my skin getting a bit smoother, no doubt shedding all the skin cells that have over stayed their welcome.  However, my skin is already incredibly dry in certain areas.  This is the same problem I run into with most acne product lines.  The parts of my face that get dry and flakey are the parts that need the medicine on them.  I am still currently using coconut oil after the regimen to moisturize and that has kept it at bay a little bit, but I did notice it's getting worse.  I may just be a one a day girl... who knows yet.


Anyway, I am not overly thrilled with my results thus far, but like I said three days only.  That being said I am noticing enough changes to make me curious enough to keep going.  My thoughts would be proactive once a day and maybe a bentonite clay mask the second time, or something like that.  HMM

What do you guys think? Anyone ever tried this stuff.  Shoot me an email! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes proactive worked really well for me. I have combination skin, so I only use proactive at night and dove soap in the morning. Drink plenty of water and you should see your skin really clear up!

    ReplyDelete