Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sigh... Today

Well today was bitter sweet for me today. To start my mom and I picked up two Thoroughbreds that just got off the track. One of them is a seven year old and the other is four, both mares. They need names, so I am trying to work that out. I am super excited about them! I really can't wait to start working with them. Rode Tommy today and he is finally back to work after being lame for almost a month, he is doing really well and Hannah my 13 year old little sister got on him today. :) I was such a proud mamma when he just marched around like a champ. Hannah is a good rider but she doesn't ride a lot and she has not really ridden many horses. Anyway he was perfect!

And now for the bitter to my sweet.

I got into the first level of EAP this year, but I did not make it to the second level. It is just one more thing to the long list of trying to be a professional Equestrian blah blah blah. I am not against working hard I really am not. But workign to something that feels like it just spins me around in a circle again and again is so goddamn frusterating you have no idea. Well, I'm sure that's not true, I guess everyone has a dream they never acheive or they change to move on to something else right? I just never wanted to be that person. I always thought hard work would pay off in the end yanno. I mean sure it is not the end, but I have been riding in circles for probably three years now, at LEAST! It is just hard to handle when you watch other people fly by you, it hurts, it hurts a lot.



Current song: breaking out the angry avril lavigne for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment