Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Experiment #1

The first thing I did when I was experimenting with natural products was whip out the ACV.  I initially started looking into this as an acne treatment because I also suffer from severe disgruntlement of those products as well.  Anyway, I used it as a toner for my skin and just wiped it across my clean skin.  THIS BURNS LIKE A MOTHER F*@%ER.  However, I did notice a difference in my skin even the next day.  That night I also made an ACV rinse for my hair.

Recipes:

Hair Rinse...
~ about 1/8 cup of ACV
~ mixed with about 2 cups warm water from shower
~ tilt head forward and pour vinegar over hair
~ massage for about a minute then rinse with warm water
~ follow up with cool water if you can stand it (for shine)

Effects...
I tried to use this as an anti dandruff treatment, and a clarifying treatment since I have really hard water at home.  The next day I must say I did not notice any itch at all, and my hair looked AMAZING!  However, I did smell like an Easter Egg until my hair dried.  *NOTE*  If you are active or workout whatever, when my hair got wet again and I started to sweat I did smell a hint of vinegar, but nothing terrible.

Skin Toner...
~ I used a dab of this on a piece of toilet paper or a tissue
~ I used it on my face full strength.  If you have sensitive skin you can dilute with water.
~ Do not rinse off, let dry.
~ If skin feels dry moisturize with anything that won't clog pours
~ I added nothing the first night just to see what the effects would be

Effects...
~ Acne looked better, not completely gone
~ Complexion looked a lot better
~ Smelled of vinegar a tad when sweating.


After I did these experiments I found out that Organic ACV is really what I was supposed to be using.  It contains the "mother" which is basically a bunch of cloudy gunk.  So although I got the results I wanted for my hair, I am looking forward to the hopefully enhanced results with my skin.

will check back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment