Monday, November 14, 2011

Quinoa and lentils with Feta (Vegetarian)

So I have been taking this elemental thing from beauty products and tried to spread the focus to eating as well.  I think it is really important to be healthy in all aspects of your life,  not just one corner.  First off I would like to say that I am not a Vegetarian or Vegan, however I recognize that if done right it is really healthy.  Also, raw meat grosses my roommate and I out so basically vegetarian is kind of a good option even though I love a good steak every now and again. :D  So today I made Quinoa with lentils and some Feta. Delishhh!

The Recipe:

1 Cup Quinoa cooked
1 Cup Lentils cooked
1/4 Cup of Feta Cheese
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice

Cook Quinoa in water and season with salt and pepper to taste.  I found if you add the salt and pepper while the quinoa is cooking it absorbs really nicely.  I added about a teaspoon of pepper and got a really nice bite to it.
Cook Lentils in water and season with a little bit of salt.  I always use sea salt no matter what but regular salt is fine.
Once everything is cooked mix together in a bowl and add the feta.  Mix well to get a nice creamy texture.  Add a very tiny bit of lemon juice to taste.  This makes about four servings.

It was delicious, I would like to try it with tomatoes and spinach and maybe gorgonzola cheese instead.  I also think some almonds or walnuts would make it even better!  I have left overs so I will experiment for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment