Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Going All Natural "No Poo"

I am among the majority of women out there who are far from impressed with the expensive shampoo they use and their performance.  I was googling around initially for a shampoo that would moisturize my curly dry hair, relieve an itchy scalp without ruining my red color.  I found one option.  A 35$ shampoo and then a 35$ conditioner.  UHHH no thanks! :(

  As I was googling I stumbled across the "no poo" method.  The basic way is baking soda and ACV (apple cider vinegar).  As I read further, the baking soda could be very drying.  Then I found out about the curly girl method.  This focused on washing your hair with only conditioner.  Of course then there is the always famous olive oil deep conditioning.  Then I found a website with organic shampoo bars.  So basically there are about a gazillion "no poo" techniques on the world wide web.  Thus leaving be one STILL very unsatisfied curly haired little girl.  In my lack of planning type of way the first thing I did was went shopping!

I bought...

Baking soda
Apple cider vinegar
Coconut oil
Grape seed oil

No comments:

Post a Comment