Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mayo Hair wrap and Face regimen update!

So has anyone ever heard of this whole Mayo hair wrap?  Basically since forever it has been used as a deep conditioning treatment which totally make sense considering eggs are used for the same thing.  My mom also said it works which led me to try it.

I took mayo covered my hair in it then covered my hair in plastic wrap since I didn't have a shower cap.  I used the blow dryer to heat it up for about 15 minutes then rinsed.  If I was going to rate the process and the results I give it a one!

YUCK!  First of all that much mayo in one place really smells quite awful.  I have gotten used to the ACV smell just fine for the most part, but the mayo is ten times worse.  It also feels nasty and thick and greasy when I put it in my hair.  Of course heating it up only made it smell worse.  Just thinking about it makes me gag. :(  Rinsing it out was hard and took a long time.  After I got out of the shower my hair felt heavy and gross.  I thought it might not be a huge deal and it would feel fine once it dried.


Well, waking up the next morning was less than exciting.  I looked like a greasy Tbird missing his pink lady for days! even after using BSoda and ACV to get it to rinse out.  Basically, you could not pay me enough to do this again.

WHY??
I started thinking about why this backfired on me so intensely and I came up with a theory.  Now that I have been no poo for about a month now my hair is overall much healthier and happier with almost nothing added to it.  A mayo pack is intended for people with dry brittle hair which I DEF used to have.  However, now that my hair has gone through this transformation it does not really need that much moisture in one hit.  I will say even if I needed it, with other alternatives like other oils etc... I would not go back to this anyway.

Has anyone else every tried this?  If you have how did it workout?






Face UPDATE!!!
This is a much happier update.  So for a while I was not sure if my skin was purging if you will or if I was just breaking out.  I figured since my skin sucks anyway it was not a big deal so I pushed through.  Well "that time of the month" is usually the be all end of my face looking decent for about two weeks.  First off I never pay attention to that like some women do.  I'm a busy girl!  Anyway it totally caught up to me because my face didn't break out.  I mean at all.  I am sitting here writing to cyber space with two weeks after skin instead of first day of skin.  I am AMAZED!  This is by far the happiest result I could have asked for.  One thing I changed is dropping out the tea tree oil all over my face.  I found it irritating and more useful as a spot treatment only because it is rather drying.

I also watered down my ACV and kept it that way and I think it is working just fine that way.  Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks right!


** Please remember these are just my recipes and experiences with them.  I in no way have any medical knowledge of these products nor do I know how they will work for you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment