Friday, November 25, 2011

Product Review: Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation 120

Hey all-
      So as much as I am still very much pro DIY all natural ETC.  I do love my makeup.  I think if nothing else it is a fun way to play up a day or a convenient way to cover up your breakouts.  I have been using Fit Me for about two months now.  Like many of you I have rarely bought the same foundation twice and have a hard time finding one I get what I want out of.

My situation:
I have combination skin at it's finest.  I get oily in certain areas and then flaky in other areas making my needs a lot more specific.  I also have breakouts and have yet to find a be all end all solution for them so I need to control them as well.  I prefer a liquid or cream to powder and have a hard time finding my color.  I seem to be right in between looking really pale or looking like I fell face first in dirt.  I also refuse to spend 30$ on foundation merely because I have yet to try something that I am terribly impressed with.

The makeup:
Texture: This is your typical liquid makeup, but it is a nice consistency not watery like some.  It also goes on your skin super smooth.  Some liquids I find get streaky or become gooey before they actually cover anything.  *****

Color:  Fit me has tons of shades which is one of the reasons I was attracted to it.  My 120 Classic ivory is pretty close to perfect.  It gets a little orange around my neck, but I think that is more me being pale and sun fearing. ****

Coverage:  This makeup is not a stage makeup level cover by any means.  But it does a really great job of evening out my skin tone which in turn makes blemishes and such minimized.  I always notice a difference.  However, it does not stay for a really long time.  In a normal person's life I am sure it would.  When I have weekends where I don't go out to the barn to run around like a crazy person it stays all day just fine. ****

Price:  I believe I bought this for $12 at the grocery store, so I am sure you could find it for a  bit cheaper else where but... $12 is not bad at all especially since I am going on two months and still have a ways to go. *****

Overall:  This is a makeup that I think I may actually purchase twice.  I think for me personally I need to add a primer and some concealer, but for anyone who breaks out less or has an indoor job I would recommend this.  Especially if your on a budget!  ****1/2

~PLEASE NOTE~
This review and other posts on this blog are merely my experience and opinion.  I have no facts backing any of this up nor do I have an education that allows me to recommend products or cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment