Monday, November 28, 2011

Product Review: Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer in Light 01

As an acne sufferer foundation has never been enough to fix my face.  I have tried countless concealers trying to find one that stays on without looking totally fake.  This one is supposed to cover Tattoos!  Sounds good right?

The Product:
Texture:  It comes out in a thick cream and goes on quite smoothly.  As always remember to tap the product into your skin and never rub.  If you tap it in you need hardly any to cover large parts of your face.  *****

Color:  There are only I believe four color options for the concealer here.  Now for me that is not such a big deal because I have always been a concealer before foundation person.  However if you are the other way around, this may cause some issues.  Although I will say that it blends quite well.
****

Coverage:  If this thing says it can cover tattoos well... I am not SO sure about that.  I find that with large blemishes it does a really good job at reducing them but I still see them a little bit.  However!, my redness and acne scars completely disappear.  My favorite thing is that my skin does not look like I have a ton of makeup on because well I don't!  It takes very little to get such good coverage results as far as redness and scars are concerned.  For the bigger blemishes though I am still left a little wanting.
****

Price:  I may come back and amend this later on, but right now I am not thrilled.  It costs 30$ at Sephora.  The container is 0.5 oz of concealer.  This depends I though on how long is lasts me.  It is true I use very little to cover up my face, so 30$ every two months might not be SOOO bad.  For a beauty product that I hold to high standards such as my concealer I am willing to pay for results.
**

Overall:  I really do like this product.  It has definitely climbed the ranks as far as my personal favorites.  However the price really kills.  I know it is a high end product, but until I see how long this lasts me the rating stays at ***3/4.

Note:  I use this concealer with a skin primer under it.  I do not know how it performs without a primer.  I will do an experiment and let you know!




So what concealers do you use?  Do you apply it before or after foundation?  How much do you pay for it and how often do you buy it?  Any suggestions!?

No comments:

Post a Comment